Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Kanye West Still Angers Ex-President Bush for 'Racist' Comment


In a TV interview with Matt Lauer on 'Today', George W. Bush said Kanye branding him not caring about black people is 'the most disgusting moments in my Presidency.'
Kanye West has been branded "disgusting" by former U.S. leader George W. Bush after the rapper declared the ex-president did not care "about black people" in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Bush was horrified to learn West had criticized him during a 2005 telethon to raise funds for the victims of the disaster, which devastated New Orleans, Louisiana in August the same year.

The "Stronger" hitmaker raged, "George Bush doesn't care about black people." The former president has discussed the incident in a new "Today" show interview, due to air in America on Monday, November 8, and he's still angry about West's accusation.

He tells host Matt Lauer, "He called me a racist. I didn't appreciate it then. I don't appreciate it now. It's one thing to say, 'I don't appreciate the way he's handled his business.' It's another thing to say, 'This man's a racist.' I resent it, it's not true, and it was one of the most disgusting moments in my Presidency. My record was strong I felt when it came to race relations and giving people a chance."

No comments:

Post a Comment