Tuesday, November 9, 2010

How To Be One Of The Great Ones Whilst Making A Fortune According To P. Diddy


P.Diddy (Sean Combs) on how to be great:

A lot of people think it’s corny, but I feel that you get out of life what you put into it. When young people look at me, I want them to not just look at me as an American dream. I want them to look at me as an American reality. This is what you get through hard work and perseverance. I feel like the true champions, they work the hardest. Whether it’s Michael Jordan staying in the gym to do a hundred thousand free throws, or Tiger Woods starting at the age of six, and getting up early or staying later than everybody, I feel in business, you know, I want to be the best in business that way. I want to stay in my office later. I want to stay in my studio and my design studio. When you look at the great ones, whether it’s the Bill Gates or Steve Jobs or Quincy Jones, Stephen Spielberg, they all have that in common, that they work hard. I’ve seen that, those times when you want to stop, or you want to quit, and you keep pushing your mind and you push your body to work harder, to stay up late, or to keep the passion up, you see the results of your hard work.
I think sometimes people may think that I have too much passion, you know? I think that you have to believe. That’s one of my biggest mantras, is believe. I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t believe in myself. I see these high mountains and they’re going up in the sky, and it kind of doesn’t scare me. I can’t wait to climb it, and go over the top and see what’s on the other side. And, you know, I have a quote, “Don’t be afraid to close your eyes and dream, but then open your eyes and see.” We’re all dreamers, but there’s a reality to achieve our dreams. And I think that’s what separates the successful dreamers from the people that lay in bed and dream, that when we

No comments:

Post a Comment