Monday, February 14, 2011

Singer El Debarge Checks Into Rehab For Substance Abuse. Musiq Soulchild Steps Into His Place On Upcoming Tour.


Old demons die hard as singer El Debarge is finding out.

Debarge has checked himself into a rehab center to deal with substance abuse issues that have plagued him for 25 years reports Billboard.

"I hate to disappoint my fans but it is necessary for me to take the time to work on me so that I may continue to share my music and my story with everyone," the singer said in a statement. "I thank everyone in advance for their prayers and well wishes and hope that you will respect my privacy during this time."

Debarge was arrested 4 times for cocaine, crack and domestic abuse issues from 2001 to 2008. Following his last arrest in 2008, his probation was revoked and he was sent to federal prison on a 2 year sentence.

He was released in October 2009 and began working on a comeback album titled 'Second Chance.'

The album has features from 50 Cent and Faith Evans,  it has been very well received.

The single "Lay With You" featuring Faith sits at # 20 on Billboards Top R&B/Hip Hop Songs chart.

Debarge also had to cancel his upcoming tour that was scheduled to start February 17 in Houston, Texas. Singer Musiq Soulchild will take his place.

We wish nothing but the best for El and hope he can get a handle on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment