Thursday, November 18, 2010

Nicki Minaj Talks ''Roman's Revenge'' And Performs ''Right Thru Me'' On Wendy Williams Show (VIDEOS)





Nicki Minaj stopped by "The Wendy Williams Show" on Wednesday (November 17) to talk about her debut LP Pink Friday, but ultimately hinted at the target of the song "Roman's Revenge."

"When you put out records, only the guilty ones feel like you're talking about them," Minaj said. "If you have nothing to worry about, if you never came out saying stuff, if you never came out saying your ungrateful bullsh--, then you wouldn't worry about it."

On "Roman's Revenge," featuring a rowdy verse from Eminem as Slim Shady, Nicki embodies her Brit character, Roman Zolanski. "Word that b**** mad 'cause I took the spot/ Well, b****, if you ain't sh---ing, then get off the pot/ Got some n---az out in Brooklyn that'll off your top," Minaj rhymes on the track.

Many hip-hop fans assumed Barbie was talking about Lil' Kim, even the Brooklyn MC herself. While Nicki initially said that she was "talking about everyone who has been in interviews talking," her chat with Williams hinted that she was aiming for a certain Queen Bee.

Still, Nick seemed like she was tired of the topic.

"I don't get into that. ... I feel like my music, my fans know everything that's going on," she told the talk-show host. "Every time I talk, every time I spit raps, my fans know who I'm talking about, what I'm talking about. I don't have to sit up here and detail it. No. For what?"

Also during the interview, Nicki got personal, admitting that her father burned down her family's house when she was a child.

"He did burn the house down. ... And my mother was in the house, and she had to run out the last minute," Nicki revealed. "But she had a dream the night before that the house was gonna be burned down, so me and my brother weren't in the house. She had us sleep at a friend's house. At like 3:00 that morning, they were like, 'You gotta go down to your house, 'cause something's happening.' We were young, so ... we ran four or five blocks, and we just saw smoke."

Nicki also added that her parents are still together, before acknowledging that her crazy characters evolved naturally.

"When I first started rapping, I felt like I had to be someone," she admitted. "Everybody was telling me, 'Be this way. You're from Queens, be hard.' But, that wasn't really me, that's not who I wanted to be. When I changed the people who were around me, I just started being free, and I was like, you know what, I've always been animated, I've always been crazy." MTV

No comments:

Post a Comment